VLC For Chromecast- Previously there were TVs of huge sizes with which we can do nothing other than watching the channels given by dish operators. The changes in the technology made the biggies to discover LED smart TV’s with which we can enjoy high-quality streaming. To reduce the gap between smartphones and LED screens, the technology has stepped forward to bring Chromecast service into the market. It is the only device that can cast the videos played on your device to your smart TV. If you have already used this feature earlier then you might be waiting to stream videos from VLC to Chromecast 2. Many pieces of research have through the past days to allow the users enjoy streaming videos from VLC to Chromecast 2 device. Later on, the developers have enclosed that they are yet to add VLC to Chromecast 2 streaming feature soon.
Use Vlc For Chromecast 2 For Mac & Android:
vlc for Chromecast is the simple way to stream Videos on your Smart TV. Chromecast is a device that you plug into your TV’s HDMI port, connected by a USB cable. Using your Android smartphone or computer as a remote control you can use Chromecast to stream videos from Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Google Play Store and other services. You can also work on your big screen from vlc for Chromecast. Not only streaming videos, you can also play games, chat with friends and much more on your Big screen. Its regular costs are $35 and broadcast content up to 1080p. Scroll down for other information about Streaming videos from VLC to Chromecast.
Though the VLC developers are working hard to provide this feature to vlc for Chromecast 2 users, it is still at the evolution stage. So to enjoy the full version feature of streaming videos from VLC to Chromecast , you need to wait for few more days. Either you can continue with the developing source of VLC media player for the Chromecast device. After going through many alternatives to streaming apps, I found the beta product to stream video from VLC to Chromecast 2. So using the beta version may cause issues like display error and get recovered automatically in very less time. If you are still willing to get VLC for Chromecast 2 then follow the tutorial given here.
How to Stream VLC Chromecast For Mac & Using PC device?
Streaming videos from VLC Player to your Chromecast used to be a simple procedure to a Chrome VLC plugin before the extension of Google’s cast. However, when the version 4.2 was introduced the procedure of Streaming Videos from VLC Player to your Chromecast has become somewhat difficult. You should need a Cumbersome to get the procedure done. Follow the steps given below for Streaming videos from VLC Player to your Chromecast.
- Buy a Google Chromecast from an electronics store or from an online shopping.
- Install the Google Chrome on it and add the Google extension to it.
- Connect your Chromecast to work with your PC/Laptop or Mac.
- Download VLC Media Player for Windows of any version(Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the media player).
- Connect your PC to Chromecast 2 device or find Chromecast device from VLC player by tapping on video option–> Render–> Scan.
- Once you scan the devices then your Chromecast 2 connect will be shown on VLC media player button.
- It may show you that you are on an “Insecure Site” prompt, do accept it permanently.
- Start the media file that you want to stream from VLC to Chromecast 2.
- Now your entire PC/Laptop desktop will appear on your TV with the help of Chromecast.
- Now go back to the VLC Player and adjust the full-screen mode to enjoy streaming on your Smart TV.
- That’s it. You’ve got the VLC Player streaming on your TV with the help of Chromecast.
How to Stream VLC For Chromecast using Android Device?
For Android devices, VLC Player will come with Chromecast support as an inbuilt service. But now this feature is currently not available for all smartphone users. For Android devices, there are two options in which you can stream VLC Player to Chromecast.
a) Finding an alternate Android video player for streaming videos to Chromecast.
b) You should do it in a long way i.e., you must use the VLC for chromecast Player installation and it oozes your battery capacity. If you would like to choose this option as your preference then here you can go with this process to stream videos from VLC to Chromecast 2.
- First of all, install the Chromecast application on your Android device and do pair your Chromecast to the application.
- Open the VLC Player on your Andriod device and start the file that you want to cast on your TV.
- Now open the Chromecast application and tap the menu button and select “cast screen/ audio”
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to cast your Device’s screen to your Chromecast connected screen.
- Now go back to the VLC Player and adjust the full-screen video and voila to enjoy streaming videos on your TV with the help of Chromecast.
Cast Desktop VLC to Chromecast 2:
If you are not satisfied with both the options discussed above then do follow the experimental version of VLC player to stream videos to Chromecast device. Enjoy streaming your desktop video from VLC or any other browsers to Chromecast 2 by following the steps stated in the below words.
- Firstly, open Google Chrome tab on your PC device and then tap on the cast button which is at the top right corner of the window.
- The cast menu will be displayed on your PC screen on which tap on the download menu button.
- Then you can find three options showing Cast this tab, cast this tab(Optimize for Audio), and Cast screen/ Window(experimental).
- Choose the last option showing Cast screen/ windows(experimental) button.
- Then you will be able to cast your entire desktop screen on your Chromecast 2 connected device.
- Now start streaming videos from VLC to Chromecast 2 device using full-screen mode.
So far here ends the discussion about “How to stream videos from VLC Player to Chromecast 2”. All the information regarding streaming videos from VLC for Chromecast 2 on your Android and PC/Laptop devices was briefly discussed in the above content. If you have any queries about this content please do mention it in the comment box given below.